On 24th February 1966, in Council at The Court of Saint James held, in The Queen’s absence, by The Queen Mother and The Princess Margaret, with Mr Secretary Denis Healey in attendance, an Order effected the union of the benefice of Uley cum Owlpen (an amalgamation dating from 1842) with Nympsfield, which lost its own Rector, to form one United Benefice.
The parish is part of the Wotton Deanery. The Deanery Synod is a synod convened by the Area Dean and consists of all clergy licensed to a benefice within the deanery and elected lay members. Lay members are elected through their PCC. The Deanery Synod acts as an intermediary between the PCC and the synod of the diocese.
The parish is in the Diocese of Gloucester. The diocese is the Bishop's District. It is governed by a bishop acting with the advice and consent of representatives of the clergy and laity of the diocese. The Diocesan Synod is the model of government and representatives are elected from Deanery Synod.
The Parochial Church Council (P.C.C.) is elected by the parish to work with the parish priest in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical.